FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
28 January, 2015
Diamond Standard Certification for 11 public services Public Service modernization essential for development of the country
Eleven (11) services which achieved the highest standards of excellence in service delivery were recognized and honored at the inaugural Trinidad and Tobago Diamond Standard (TTDS) Awards Ceremony hosted by the Ministry of Public Administration (MPA) on Wednesday 21 January 2015 at Queen’s Hall. The services are:
- The Case Management System, Family Court, Judiciary of Trinidad and Tobago
- IT Literacy and Community ‘Walk-In’ Programme, Tobago Information Technology Ltd
- Naparima College, Ministry of Education
- The Outpatient Clinic, Scarborough General Hospital, Tobago Regional Health Authority (TRHA)
- Reference and Outreach Department, National Archives of Trinidad and Tobago
- Sangre Grande Accident and Emergency, Sangre Grande Hospital, Eastern Regional Health Authority (SWRHA)
- Tobago Emergency Management Agency.
- Trade Licence Unit, Ministry of Trade, Industry, Investment and Communications
- TTBizlink, Ministry of Trade, Industry, Investment and Communications.
- Water Taxi, National Infrastructure Development Company Ltd
- Women’s Health Clinic, St. James Medical Complex, North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA).
The Diamond Standard is the National Standard for Excellence in Citizen Service in the Public Service of Trinidad and Tobago.
Congratulating them on their achievement, Prime Minister, The Honourable Kamla Persad-Bissessar, emphasized that “the Public Sector is the implementation arm of the Government and if it does not serve, we cannot serve. You are the ones who hold the influence to make it easier for support to reach people, for businesses to achieve efficiency, for young professionals to grow and indeed, for our desire for growth and development to be achieved. Your successes to date prove that change is not only possible, but that it is a process in motion.”
Thirty- four (34) services were involved from the start of the programme in June 2013 however only twenty of these services registered to be assessed for the Diamond Standard Certification.
Minister of Public Administration, the Honourable Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan honoured the accomplishments of all the services who participated in the programme saying, “There was great buy-in from all levels of staff striving for the Diamond Standard in their operations, as well as from the members of the public accessing those services. This ceremony is a tangible way of recognizing the important contributions”
The Honourable Kamla Persad-Bissessar S.C, Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (centre) is flanked by Minister of Health, Dr., the Honourable Fuad Khan, Minister of Public Administration, the Honourable Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan, Chief Justice, Ivor Archie and awardees from the eleven successful Government Service Agencies.
Prime Minister, the Honourable, Kamla Persad-Bissessar S.C and Minister of Public Administration, the Honourable Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan applaud members of the Family Court’s Case Management Unit who were awarded Diamond Standard certification.
Representatives from Naparima College receive their award for attaining Trinidad and Tobago Diamond Standard Certification from the Honourable Kamla Persad-Bissessar S.C, Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago
Tobago Information Technology Limited’s IT Literacy and Community ‘Walk-In’ Programme pose for a photo after being awarded Diamond Standard certification
# # #
For further information, please contact:
Rae Ann Harper-Walters Head, Corporate Communications 623-4724 ext. 2076, 688-2068
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org